24 nov 2012

Truck Lights (text by Camila G. and illustration by Ailén)


Truck Lights

We were about to go on a school camp. Everything was prepared and we were all ready to have a great time.
About an hour after the school bus had started the trip, we heard a loud noise and we were blinded by the lights of a truck coming in the opposite direction. What a fright!
When we arrived, everything was very silent and it seemed that nobody lived there. Our teacher had told us she would give us some time to explore the area, so I started walking towards a place that called my attention. I entered the building and found many files with names on it including mine. I couldn't help opening it. The first page showed me when I was born - what a nice baby! The following pages showed my childhood and as I looked at the photos, I remembered all those nice moments I had spent next to my family and friends. The last page took me by surprise... it explained that the school bus in which we were traveling had crashed into a truck on the way to the camp.
At that moment I realized I was dead.

NOTE: The previous story and illustration were submitted to the "Cuentos de mi Ciudad" Contest, organised by The Bristish Council and KEL Ediciones.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

We are all ears, so leave us your comments!