25 ene 2013

Trying to Free Myself (text by Antonella and illustration by Milagros)


Trying to Free Myself
My life is hard. I am the youngest of eight siblings and we live with our parents and grandmother in a very small house. Although I am the only one who goes to school and is very affectionate, my parents usually hit me and I don't understand why.
I study in a public school near home. There, I have 3 teachers but I find Miss Noelia special - she is very nice to me and treats me well, not as my schoolmates, who constantly laugh at me because of my old clothes and my odd smell. They exclude me. I try to ignore them but I find it more and more difficult. I'm getting tired of it.
Being 8 years old, I feel under a lot of pressure both at home and at school and I really don't feel comfortable anywhere. I am about to take a dramatic decision. Before doing so, I'm leaving a goodbye letter to my favorite teacher, who is the only one who gives me some love and attention. She is the only one that deserves an explanation...
NOTE:The previous story and illustration were submitted to the "Cuentos de mi Ciudad" Contest, organised by The Bristish Council and KEL Ediciones.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

We are all ears, so leave us your comments!